BAKED CUSTARD AND BLUEBERRY TART
-250ml double cream
-1 teaspoon vanilla essence
-1 strip lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 170-degrees Celsius (fan-forced)
2. Line the 20cm round cake tray with non-stick baking paper and place the first sheet of pastry in the tray. It doesn't have to be perfect and edges will fall down while baking to close in custard. Overlap and fill the remaining side of the cake tin with the 1/2 sheet of pastry.
3. In a medium-sized mixed bowl beat together on medium speed sugar and egg yolks until light in colour and fluffy. Place aside.
4. In a medium saucepan bring the milk, cream, lemon zest, vanilla and nutmeg to the boil.
5. Once boiled slowly pour the hot mixture over the eggs and sugar mixture whilst beating together at a slow speed.
6. Once Mixed together pour through a fine strainer into the pastry-lined cake tin.
7. Drop the blueberries and leaves from sprigs of thyme into the tart and use a spoon to spread them around. Place the tart into the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes or until the custard only has a slight wobble.
8. Let cool down for an hour before placing in the fridge for another hour until ready to cut and eat. Garnish with fresh passionfruit.
- Mel xx