RAINBOW PESTO SALAD
WITH KING PRAWNS AND CHARGRILLED PINEAPPLE
This simple salad is packed full of colour and flavour, paired perfectly with a crisp white wine and best served on a balmy summer night. The pesto dressing can also be used over pasta or works well with most salads.
Basil Pesto Dressing
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons raw pine nuts
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon, juiced)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Blitz all ingredients in a blender until smooth
Ingredients (you can pick and choose or even just use up what you have in the fridge, the aim is to have a variety of colour):
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half( I like using the rainbow punnet for extra colour)
- 2 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 red cabbage sliced thin
- 1 small yellow capsicum sliced thin
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 apple sliced thin
- 1/2 medium-sized cucumber sliced thin
1. Combine all ingredients into a medium-sized bowl, pour over pesto dressing and toss to coat.
Chargrilled Prawns and Pineapple
- 1/2 KG prawns (I used uncooked king prawns but you can use any cooked or uncooked)
- Small tin of pineapple pieces
- Olive Oil
1. Using either the BBQ or a large pan heat a decent glug of olive oil.
2. Drain Pineapple
3. Once the oil is hot add to the pan or BBQ prawns and pineapple. Cook until prawns have turned pink or reheated and have a slight char on the outside.
4. Serve on top or on the side or rainbow salad.